The 8th Annual Panoche Valley Road Race — May 5, 2013
Where: Registration, start, and finish are at Blossom Hill Winery located 345 Panoche Rd. Follow Hwy. 25 10 miles south of Hollister. Take a left onto Panoche Road (County Road J1). The winery is located ¼ mile on the left. Cell phone reception is spotty in the area, so plan accordingly.
Course: Out and back on quiet country roads (Panoche Rd. & Little Panoche Rd.). The course is challenging with many hills and serpentine roads.
- 12 mile course — Turnaround at 6 miles out with 300 feet of climbing.
- 24 mile course — Turnaround at 12 miles at top of slide climb.
- 40 mile course — Turnaround at the top of Panoche Pass with 2,000 feet of climbing.
- 55 Mile course — Turnaround at intersection of Little Panoche Road with 2,650 feet of climbing.
- 67 Mile course — Turnaround just before the Fresno County Line with 3,500 feet of climbing.
Feed Stations: Neutral water at the top of Panoche pass and at the county line.
Information: Contact race promoter Greg Bloom via e-mail or at 831–637-5524 for questions related to the race or to be placed on the waiting list for categories that are already filled.
Prizes: Minimum of $2,200 cash plus merchandise.
Registration: DAY OF REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE FOR ALL CATEGORIES. COST IS $40
Rules: Held rain or shine. This is a USA Cycling insured event held under USA Cycling event permit. USAC license is required. One-Day licenses may be purchased at registration for $10 for Cat 5 Men and Cat 4 Women only. Follow the rules of the road while warming up. Centerline rule will be enforced. Please be respectful of local residents as we are guests. Please use restroom facilities provided and do not litter.